The Huntsville AFWA awarded four scholarships in April 2016. Our next Chapter Scholarship will be awarded in April 2017.
- One or more scholarships may be awarded annually. Historically award amounts have ranged between $500 and $2,500!
- Scholarships are limited to persons attending accredited colleges, universities, or professional schools of accounting in the state of Alabama who are pursuing a bachelors or masters degree in accounting and/or finance.
- Applicants must be part-time or full-time students who have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours or 90 quarter hours with a declared major in accounting.
- Applicants must obtain a transcript from the registrar of the school showing grades and courses taken. The transcript is to be submitted with the application.
- The deadline for submitting applications for the 2017-2018 academic year is March 15, 2017.
- The scholarship committee or their designated representatives may choose to conduct personal interviews with the applicants.
- The applicant’s need for financial assistance will be a primary determining factor.
- Scholarship recipients will receive a letter notifying them of their selection and they will be honored at the chapter’s Student Night in April.
- Scholarship awards will be sent upon notification from the school that the student has enrolled and fees are due. The check will be made payable to the school to apply against the amount due from the student.
- Unsuccessful candidates will receive an acknowledgment of their applications with words of encouragement.
The 2017 AFWA Scholarship application will be posted in January 2017.